- Continuing Education
- News & Events
- Alumni & Giving
Welcome. Click below to view step by step instructions to make your course registration experience as clear and helpful as possible. Please do not hesitate to call us with questions about registration at (517)353-3060 extension 3 or email swkce(at)msu.edu. Someone should respond to your message within 24 hours during regular weekdays.
If you want to register for a class today online, you must have a credit card available.
The School of Social Work - Continuing Education is now asking new and existing account holders to create a MSU Community ID.
In order to register and pay for courses online, you must create a Community ID.
Please follow the link below to create/confirm your Community IDGet my MSU Community ID
We appreciate your patiance as we transion the system to a more efficient user experiance.
Click Here to view a printer-friendly version of these instructions, which will open in a new window. You may either print it, or just leave the window open for reference.
You must create an account, using the form below,
click here to highlight the account creation form.
You are required to enter your:
- First and Last name
- Street Address (second line optional)
- City, State, and Zip-Code
- Email Address, which will be used for correspondance from the Continuing Education Department
- A username, used to login to the site.
- A password, which you will use to log into the website, confirmed by entering it twice.
- Your Licensure Type and License Number
Once you have entered this information, anytime you
wish to register for a class, you can come back to
the site and login using the username and password
You can login on any page using the "Login" link at the top-right of every page, or the "Log in to Register" button on the CEU homepage.
Your account information will be emailed to the email address you provide once the account is created, for your records.
- Once you are logged in, if you aren't already viewing the catalog, you can click on the "Catalog" tab on the right of the menu to reach the Course Catalog.
- From the catalog, you can search for any courses you might be interested in in the search box, and click whichever result you wish to view, or you can click on each available category and view which courses are currently offered in that category.
- If you see a class in the catalog that you want to register for, click "Register for this Course!" at the bottom of the course description.
Select your payment amount. Select whichever payment amount
you are eligible you are for, based on the criteria listed
by each category (hover over the category for eligibility).
You are eligible to receive a discount if:
- One is available.
- You fit the criteria listed under the payment categories listed.
- You are registering during the "Early Registration" period for the class. (If early registration discounts apply, they are automatically applied to the totals)
- You have one or more Continuing Education Coupons that apply to one or more of the courses you wish to register for (Please enter your coupons in the Shopping Cart, as described below).
- This screen will also provide a box where you can write accommodations as they relate to the American Disability Act or any Dietary Restrictions. We will make every effort to obtain necessary accommodations for your learning, but please provide us with at least 2 weeks' notice before the Course's meeting date, in order to ensure we can make the necessary accomodations.
- Click "Add to Shopping Cart" when you're ready to add this course to your cart. This will take you to the shopping cart, where you can review your selection(s) before continuing.
If you have a coupon, input the coupon's
"Coupon Code" in the box below the cart's
total summary, and click the "Add Coupon..."
button to apply it to the cart.
Any class(es) to which the coupon applies will show an adjusted total in the summary.
- If you have added all the courses you wish to register for, click the "Complete Purchase" button and go to number 9 for further instructions.
- Otherwise, if you want to view more classes or register for another class, click "back to catalog" in the top right hand corner of the screen repeat steps 3-7.
- You will be taken to a new screen where you will enter information about your credit card. This is also a secure site. You will be asked to enter a name, address, city, state, country, zip, email, credit card type, credit card number, expiration date, and credit card security number on the back of the card.
A sales receipt will be emailed to the email provided on this screen within 72 hours.
Expect a confirmation via email one week before the event.
Fill out the form below to create a user account for yourself, and start registering for courses.