School of Social Work - Continuing Education
Bookmark and Share

School Social Work Programs at MSU

This page is for you if you answer "yes" to:

Because requirements for practice as a school social worker vary from state to state, if you have completed your MSW from an institution outside of the state of Michigan and you wish to become a school social worker in Michigan, you must contact Roxanne Belfour through the Michigan Department of Education at (517)335-0468. Once you have contacted Roxanne and she states that you are required to take coursework, then contact Kim Battjes at Michigan State University.

The Michigan Department of Education has a document setting out the policy and criteria for temporary approval for out-of-state trained school social worker positions. To download click HERE.


Return to top of DECISION TREE

Return to top of page