(PLEASE NOTE: Applications started prior to September 1 will not be considered)
Early bird deadline: December 1, 2020
Final deadline: January 10, 2021
Links to the online application will only be active during the application period of September 1 - January 10.
Complete your online application. Please note: the Personal and Academic statements are not required and can be left blank. An uploaded (via the Student Portal) Applicant Statement will be used instead to showcase your Graduate level writing capabilities. See our Applicant Statement Instructions for more information.
You may save your application and return to it later.
However, once you have submitted your application and paid the application fee your application will be locked and you will not be able to make any changes!
Make sure your information is complete before final submission.
Only start ONE online application and use the link above to return to your saved application. Login information will be sent to the email you enter in the system.
To complete the online application you will need the following information.
- First Semester to Enroll
- For Regular MSW, select Fall semester
- For Advanced Standing, select Summer semester
- Major preference (under the College of Social Science)
- For Regular Clinical, select 4493 – Clinical Social Work (MSW) – (Masters)
- For Regular Organization and Leadership, select 7724 – Organization & Community Leadership (MSW) – (Masters)
- For Advanced Standing Clinical, select 4502 – Clinical Social Work – Advanced Standing – (Masters)
- For Advanced Standing Organization and Leadership, select 7723 – Organization & Community Leadership – Advanced Standing – (Masters)
- Area(s) of interest – select which program option you would like to apply to.
- East Lansing Full Time
- East Lansing Part Time
- Flint Full Time
- Flint Part Time
- Oakland Full Time
- Oakland Part Time
- Mid-Michigan Full Time
- Mid-Michigan Part Time
- Statewide Blended
- If you are applying to a joint degree, select one. (PLEASE NOTE: You must apply and be accepted into the Law School or the School of Public Health separately).
- Indicate which, if any, of our certificate or scholars programs you are interested in. (PLEASE NOTE: You will not complete a certificate application until you are accepted into the MSW program).
- For Advanced Standing applicants, if you are not able to get at least one letter of recommendation from a previous field practicum supervisor or from someone at your undergraduate field office, briefly explain why.
- For Regular MSW applicants, if your undergrad GPA is below a 3.0, briefly explain the circumstances and why you believe you are now able to maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher in a graduate program.