Agency/Field Instructor Resources
Because the Field Program is using the web-based Intern Placement Tracking (IPT) data management system, many of the forms you are used to finding here are now part of that process. Click here for more information about IPT.
Field Instructor Orientation
Resiliency-Focused and Trauma Informed Field Instruction
Please download the Field Instructor Orientation presentation to learn more about the program and the responsibilities.
Providing support to those who have experienced trauma exposes helpers to traumatic stress. The supervisory relationship is an important tool that fosters resiliency, well-being, compassion and ultimately positive outcomes for those served. This workshop will explore the field instructor-student relationship and specific strategies that field instructors and students can use to promote resiliency. This workshop will be useful to workers as well as those in supervisory and leadership roles.
As a result of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the impact of secondary traumatic stress and vicarious trauma on those who provide services to individuals who have experienced trauma
- Outline how the functional areas of supervision: education, support administrative are related to specific assumptions of trauma informed practice
- Explore strategies that can be used within the supervisory relationship to develop resilience, well-being and satisfaction with work.
- Placement Confirmation Form
Signed by the student and agency representative upon agreement of the match and submitted to the Field Office. Please print first and then fill out.
- Orientation Checklist - doc
A tool used in planning orientations of students to agencies.
- Best Practices in Reflective Supervision - doc
Guidelines and sample questions.
- Extended Field Placement Form - doc
Required if a student wishes to do an extended placement (for continuity reasons that are educationally sound). Signed by the field instructor and the field coordinator.
Resources while Student is in Field Placement
- Ethical Decision Making Process - doc
- Process Recording Guidelines - pdf
- Mid-Semester Evaluation Guidelines - doc
- DHHS Student Learning Plan - doc
- DHHS Student Evaluations - doc
- Child Welfare Certificate Field Placement Learning Agreement Addendum - pdf
- Creating and Using Your Learning Agreement - pdf
- Supervision Agenda Template (Blank) - pdf
- Supervision Agenda Template (Sample) - pdf
- SW 494AB Competency Descriptions and Behaviors - docx
- SW 894AB Competency Descriptions and Behaviors - docx
- SW 894DE Competency Descriptions and Behaviors - docx
- SW 894GI Competency Descriptions and Behaviors - docx