Certificate programs are a way to deepen your knowledge and skill set with a particular population or setting while gaining generalist social work practice knowledge. Each certificate consists of 3 courses from a menu as well as a specialized field placement.
- 2.0 in course to count toward certificate
- Each certificate requires 3 courses (9 credits) from approved list
- Student may pursue only one certificate
- Each certificate must be signed up for prior to the field matching process
- Student will be responsible for submitting completion document for certificate and tracking their progress
- Only open to students who are enrolled in the BASW program and successfully complete all of the degree requirements for program. If student moves to a different major they are no longer eligible for certificate
- All certificate requirements must be completed prior to graduation
- Child Welfare Certificate also requires a 3.0 overall gpa and supplementary field reporting
- Open to students with a FS18 or later start date who are not in their final year of the program
- Certificates are non-transcriptable and offered by the School. Upon completion of the certificate and graduation you will receive a certificate for your achievement
Certificate Course Outlines
Please email the Undergraduate Office or call 517-432-3728 if you have questions.