Great Lakes Summer Institute
The Great Lakes Summer Institute (GLSI) is one of the leading statewide annual training events, providing a wide variety of Continuing Education opportunities for Michigan Social Workers and other human service professionals. The goal of GLSI is to offer attendees the most up-to-date, current workshops for professional skill development in both clinical and macro settings.
The Great Lakes Summer Institute provides an opportunity for over 300 social workers and other behavioral health professionals to stay on top of trends while networking with others in their field across the state. This institute also brings training to Northern Michigan where trainings opportunities are sparse.
- To learn and apply practical strategies that can be used in various clinical work settings
- To identify innovative initiatives designed to increase recovery and rehabilitation and supported by data-informed practice
- To connect local and statewide professionals for networking and cross-discipline exchanges of service improvement ideas
- To identify and practice specific techniques for self-care and mindfulness in combatting compassion fatigue and secondary traumatic stress
- To learn and apply leadership strategies for use in supervisory and administrative roles
- To increase attendees’ knowledge, skills, and awareness associated with mental health practice at various implementation levels
Social Work Continuing Education hours will be provided at this institute for each session.
Thank you for your consideration. We hope to see you at GLSI 2021!
- Institute Sponsor: $5,000
- Keynote: $2000
- Breakfast Sponsor: $1,500
- Snack Break Sponsor: $1,000
- Technology Sponsor: $2,000
- Purchase an Ad: $500
All agency/business information and logos must be sent to our office by February 20, 2021.
If you have an idea that is not included on the sponsorship form, please contact us! We look forward to working with you.
For Profits Groups/Vendors: $350.00
Each exhibitor will have one 8’ by 18” table, arranged against the wall with 2 chairs on the side to maximize space, in the White Pine Ballroom Foyer in the Conference Center at the Lodge. Each exhibitor is allowed two representatives. If representatives wish to attend the institute, please note that each session requires an individual registration at an additional cost. Please contact us for more information or visit our course catalog for more information.
Please note the following:
- We have limited space for exhibitors; register today!
- Each exhibitor will have one 8’ by 18” table . Each additional table requested will be a $35 charge per day, per table.
- Fees must be paid prior to attendance and fees are non-refundable.
- WiFi is available at the Great Wolf Lodge.
- The exhibit area is secured at night; however, you are encouraged to take precautions to keep your items safe. MSU School of Social Work is not responsible for lost/stolen/damaged items.