MSU School of Social Work wants to partner with you!
Do you have an in-person, live workshop or conference that would benefit social workers in Michigan? If YES, talk with us about the possibility of co-sponsoring an event. Co-Sponsorship is a partnership between MSU School of Social Work and your organization to provide planning and continuing education oversight for training events where social workers participate. We regularly Co-Sponsor events with the College of Nursing, Institute for Health Policy and other community partners.
What are the benefits?
- We will ensure compliance with Association of Social Work Board (ASWB) guidelines and offer social work Continuing Education Contact Hours. (CECHs)
- We will advertise to our broad audience.
- We will collaborate and form a relationship for future partnerships.
How does a Co-Sponsorship work?
- We must be involved from the START of the planning for each Co-Sponsor event. This allows us to help work through content and speaker ideas from the beginning.
- We help to ensure that all programs meet the criteria set forth in the ASWB ACE Guidelines.
- We are only able to Co-Sponsor in-person events, not online events.
- We ask for a modest fee for our time in helping to plan and coordinate an event; a Co-Sponsorship fee will be discussed upon completion of the application.
If a Co-Sponsorship partnership is what your organization needs to make your event a success, then please complete the application!
As a result of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Explore the complexities of poverty as reflected in the simulated activity
- Increase awareness reflecting on the everyday struggles for persons/families living in poverty
- Describe community resources for assisting persons and families living in poverty
18th Annual Case Management Conference: Mindful Leadership in Case Management
Co-Provided by MSU College of Nursing and the MSU School of Social Work
Thursday, November 1, 2018
Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center, East Lansing, Michigan
Children's Palliative Care Coalition of Michigan Annual Conference
- Friday, November 2, 2018
- The People's Church, East Lansing
- Register here
Please visit our past programs archive for information about the events and to download documents.