- strengthen content on diversity and oppressed populations
- recruit and develop an increasingly diverse faculty and staff
- recruit and support students from diverse groups, increasing the percentage of students from underrepresented groups
- emphasize and respect diversity in the School's programming and commemorative events
- provide leadership in public events, recruitment and retention practices, and other diversity-related events
"Michigan State students for many years have called for a campus multicultural center. As we seek to make this university as safe, respectful and welcoming as it can be to provide an environment where all can succeed, a feasibility study for a facility is underway. Broad community engagement in the process is our goal, and students are part of the planning process to ensure their voices are heard. I encourage you to learn more about the program and track its progress on mccenter.msu.edu."
Samuel L. Stanley Jr., M.D.
Click an image below to enlarge for more details.