School of Social Work - Continuing Education
Bookmark and Share

School Social Work Programs at MSU

This page is for you if you answer "yes" to:

The Certificate Program in School Social Work is NOT required for students who wish to work as a School Social Worker upon graduation from the MSU MSW program. Consult with your advisor to determine if completion of these required classes is a good choice for you.


MSW graduates can take these three required courses through MSU Social Work Continuing Education but if you choose this route you will not earn university credit for them. You would, however, need to get the proper supervised social work practicum experience through your degree program. Current MSW students are not eligible to take the courses through Continuing Education.

Upon completion of these requirements, an application for university recommendation for form 310 Recommendation for Temporary Approval Request Form must be completed. Download application form HERE.


Return to top of DECISION TREE

Return to top of page